A properly working garbage disposal can save time cleaning up after meals, reduce kitchen waste, and even prevent broken pipes. However, if your unit breaks down, the clogged food can lead to excess waste and nasty odors. If you find yourself in this situation, you will need garbage disposal repair or replacement services.
Residents of Belleville, O’Fallon, and Lebanon, IL should turn to BEL-O Cooling & Heating to fix their garbage disposals. With our many years of experience, you can trust us for all of your plumbing needs, including garbage disposal repair or installation.
Contact BEL-O Today for Garbage Disposal Services
BEL-O’s trained professionals can handle all of your garbage disposal installation and repair needs. Our in-depth knowledge and expert experience can provide you with the comfort of knowing you are in good hands.
Residents looking for garbage disposal services in O’Fallon, IL should contact BEL-O.
Here are some common repairs that you may need:
- Clogged Drain: Food and other waste may be clogging the drain trap. If you dispose of a large amount of food waste at once, it can clog the drain and needs to be removed.
- Broken Blades: Broken or loose blades can cause irritating noises and may not chop food down into small enough pieces. Replacing broken blades with new ones will allow your disposal to cut through waste better.
- Leaking Disposal: If your garbage disposal is leaking water, it could be from faulty drain lines or a busted seal inside the unit. A professional will locate the leak and repair it.
- No Power: If your garbage disposal has no power, it either blew a circuit or could be unplugged. Once plugged in, the unit will need to be reset.
- Jammed-Up: If you overwork and overload your garbage disposal too often, it can become easily jammed. Our team will be able to look inside to see what is causing this blockage in your kitchen sink.
Learn More About BEL-O’s Plumbing Prime Agreement Club
BEL-O can provide more than garbage disposal services in O’Fallon, IL; we can provide yearly plumbing services through our plumbing prime agreement club, too. As a member, you will receive annual plumbing inspections to detect any issues that may arise in your kitchen, bathroom, basement, or utility area.
Our team will check for leaks, wiring issues, and ensure valves are fully operating. You can rest easy knowing your home is running in tip-top shape. Routine maintenance can extend the life of your equipment and save money on costly repairs. Members also receive a 15% discount on all repair calls including garbage disposal services.
Extend the Lifespan of Your Garbage Disposal
Is your garbage disposal constantly giving you trouble? Instead of constantly repairing or replacing it, there are steps you can take to extend its lifespan and keep it running smoothly. At Bel-O Cooling & Heating, we offer expert tips and advice on how to properly maintain your garbage disposal to avoid costly repairs and replacements.
Here are some tips to help you extend the lifespan of your garbage disposal:
- Run cold water while using the disposal to prevent overheating.
- Avoid putting hard or fibrous materials such as bones, fruit pits, or vegetable peels into the disposal.
- Only put small amounts of food waste into the disposal at a time to prevent overloading and strain on the motor.
- Regularly clean the disposal by grinding ice cubes and citrus peels to eliminate odors.
- Use a garbage disposal cleaner or vinegar and baking soda mixture to remove any buildup.
- Have your garbage disposal professionally inspected and maintained on a regular basis.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your garbage disposal stays in optimal condition for years to come.
Here are common reasons to replace your garbage disposal:
- Older Unit: If the unit is more than 10 years old, it will break down and need more and more repairs over time. Sometimes it is more cost-effective to replace your disposal with a brand new one.
- Constantly Resetting: The reset button restores electrical power after the motor has been overloaded and trips the circuit breaker. If you are frequently hitting the reset button, that means the unit is getting weaker and will need to be replaced soon.
- Frequent Clogs: If the garbage disposal has constant clogging, the blades may be dull. The clogs could also mean you should replace your current unit with a larger one.
- Excessive Leaking: Persistent leaking could mean there are cracks on the inside of the unit. The only way to fix the cracks is to replace the whole unit.
- Loud Noises: A dead motor can cause loud humming sounds to emerge from the unit. That means it is receiving electrical power but can not grind up food particles. A new system should be installed to replace the ineffective one.
- Long Grind Time: If you notice you are putting the same amount of food into the unit, but it starts to take longer and longer to grind, it may be time to install a new unit.
“Couldn't wish for a better company and employee to service my home heating and cooling.”Karen H.
“Jason was professional and courteous.”Sue S
“They replaced my sump pump.”Rick H.
“Anthony thoroughly checked the gas water heater for proper operation”Becky G
“Jason was on time, polite, and professional.”Wayne S
“The experience was great as he took his time to clean and inspect the system and to go over any findings/recommendations he had for us.”Stephanie S.
1. Third Generation, Family-Owned Since 1959
Our grandfather started this business to serve his community decades ago, and we take the same pride in that service.
2. Decades and Decades of Industry Experience
Since we opened, we've prioritized expertise in both traditional and innovative industry practices to serve you better.
3. Honest & Transparent Technicians Who Never Oversell
We want to provide you with a number of solutions and help you pick the right one for you, not the right one for us.
4. Full Capability One-Stop Shop for Heating & Cooling
From keeping the air in your home safe and cool to manufacturing sheet metal, you are in capable hands.